Thursday, February 11, 2010

2009 Green Swamp 1st overall Female, with my treasured trophy
Yo Alligator Jumpers...I'm preparing for Green Swamp 50 mile race at Pasco
County Withlacoochee River in Dade city Florida. Randy "The Head Goat" is race director of a series of Dances with Dirt Races. This is the first of four for the year. I did all four of DWD races last year. Randy has established his reputation as a race director that enjoys sending us through plenty of stupid spots. At Gnaw Bone race in Indiana we started the race on a 5 mile uphill through calf deep shoe sucking mud! At Hell Michigan the mud was so deep (it was above my waist, and I'm 5'8') we had to use a rope from one side of the mud river to the other to get across. After a rinse going upstream about a 1/4 mile down the middle of chest deep river we had to crawl up a 15 foot sticky black mud hill. Florida has been getting pounded with rain so as far as Green Swamp goes...The "dirt crew" said they had to tweak the course a little this year...if they didn't we would need a snorkel...and one of those shark cages! I will double knot on my Flyroc 284's and watch for alligators. I don't know what to expect of the Green Swamp course this year...but I'm sure it will be interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment