Monday, February 13, 2012

Blueberry Muffins!!!!


Blueberry Muffins- Okay friends...here is the recipe you were asking for! Blueberries are rich with anti oxidants like Vitamin C, B complex, copper and much more!!!

Plus I read they help reduce belly fat!! I'll go with that!

I like the Spelt flour, it's high nutrient and high protein. It can be substituted in any recipe equal for all purpose flour. When you eat something made with Spelt flour you will be much more satisfied and full.

2 cups whole spelt flour
1 cup quick cooking oats
1 cup sugar (can use date sugar or raw, I use what I have on hand-my favorite is the date)
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon sea salt (salt enhances the flavor of sweet-plus us ultra runners need it)
3/4 cup low fat milk
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup melted butter
1 tablespoon grated orange peel (use only the orange part, I grate an entire orange peel..love the taste it adds!)
2 eggs
1 1/2 cup frozen blueberries (not thawed)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly butter muffin pan. Makes 12 muffins.

Combine dry ingredients in one bowl.

In another bowl combine milk, vanilla, melted butter, orange peel, and 2 eggs. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry. Gently fold in frozen blueberries.

Drop by heaping spoonfuls in to muffin pan. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until lightly browned on top.









2 comments:

  1. I'm very excited to try these! I think my son will like them! I really admire you for making it a priority to give your kids healthy homemade snacks!! Not many people do that these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Beth, my favorite thing is to make my kids smile. They love it when I bake for them. It really isn't that much effort and I feel good knowing it's giving them good energy.

    ReplyDelete